To comply with our responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018, we must ensure we are clear with how your data is handled while in our possession. This policy provides details on what information and data we collect when you visit or make purchase from www.theedencollections.co.uk. Why we need it, how we will use it, who we will share it with and details of the data subject’s rights in relation to our processing of this data.
What information will we collect from you?
In order to provide our services and activities, we must collect certain information. The type and level of information we collect will depend on which of our services are required. We will collect the information we require to provide these services through online forms, telephone conversations and email communications.
The information collected will include:
- Personal information: name, address, contact number, payment details, e-mail address
- Device information: information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
- We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page
- We use payment gateways to manage your payments, this means that we do not store any bank details on our site.
What is our legal basis for processing your information?
Under the regulations, we may only use your information if we have a lawful basis for doing so. This means either we will have your consent, a contractual, statutory or legal obligation to process the information in our possession.
How will we use the information you provide to us?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with the customer
- Deliver the products/services as expected by the customer
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- Maintain our records
- Provide customers with updated information on new goods & services
- Investigate and deal with any complaints
- Verify any information supplied
- To provide evidence of best practice, statutory and legal responsibilities
- Fulfil any statutory or legal obligation
- To process invoices and payments
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Any information you provide us will not be used in any way you have not been informed about until you have been informed and we have your specific consent. Any marketing emails you receive from us can at any time be stopped by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ button within the email.
Who do we share your information with?
The staff of the Company will have access to the information you provide to us. We share your information with Third parties who help us to provide the service such as Hermes (https://www.myhermes.co.uk/privacy-policy ), Google Analytics(https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ ). We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
How long will we keep your information?
We have a statutory and legal obligation to keep information for as long as it is necessary after it has been used. We will not keep or store any information after it has been used that we are not required to keep under these obligations.
Once information is no longer required it will be deleted and removed from our systems in a controlled and secure manner.
If you pay by direct bank transfer we will be available your financial account information, such as bank account number and name.
We do not hold your card details on our website, instead we use the below secure payment gateways:
- card payment
What are the cookies?
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies however, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the website.
If you are a European resident:
- You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted.
- You have the right to be informed how your data will be collected, what type of data will be collected, how it will be used, how it will be protected, who it will be shared with if it will be transferred outside the EU, how long it will be kept and how you can request copies.
- You have the right to request copies of the data we hold on you.
If you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail on email@example.com.